busybox as dynamic lib

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at web.de
Mon Feb 20 18:21:15 UTC 2006

Rob Landley wrote:
> Anyway, once standalone is in, the dynamic library allows some of the lost
> space from the different packaging choice to be reclaimed, by letting the
> individual apps share some common code.  It's still not as efficient as the
> one-big-binary approach, but it's another packaging choice (like building a
> static binary) that gives people more options.

Is there any time schedule for this feature?

On my Embedded SELinux journey I just learned that I need certain
binaries stand-alone in order to apply the policy correctly (e.g. init
or the modutils). Splitting up an existing .config and running make +
further scripting stuff on those fragments sounds like some work, and I
don't like to start this right now when there are alternatives in sight.
Maybe I could even invest some of the gained time in a generic solution
for busybox...

Jan