Boot problems with NFS

Per Dalgas Jakobsen pdj at knaldgas.dk
Sat Feb 18 16:13:01 UTC 2006

Hi Brenda,

In this case I'm using a "real" monitor on target (until it's up and
running anyway). Should I make a kernel commandline to ensure that?

I will not mess with inittab until I can get my hello-world-program to
execute as expected (as replacement for /sbin/init).

I tried to set the parallel port pins with my hello-world program, and
this caused something strange: Now the program does not seem to end (No
kernel panic message).

I compiled it with -O2 (and -O3) to ensure inline macro substitution of
the "outb()" macro. I also tried to make it as inline assembly; same
result: no kernel panic message. It IS a priviledged instruction I
guess, so could this be some permission thing?

Hmmm, should the nfsroot have special permissions?

~Per