Boot problems with NFS

Brenda J. Butler bjb at istop.com
Sat Feb 18 15:15:50 UTC 2006

It looks like the output is working just fine, but going
to the wrong place.  Sounds like you need to set the kernel
command-line option:

console=ttyS0

(pick the appropriate device for "console=" - this example is
for putting the console on a serial line)

and/or:  configure the applications in /etc/inittab (like mingetty,
etc) to use the right console.  Not sure of the right syntax
at the moment, hopefully it's not too hard for you to find out.

For future debugging:

If you have leds, you can change your init program to flash
them if you want to be absolutely certain your init program is
being called.  Or if you have network connection, open a port
(ie, listen on it).  You can tell it's open by nmapping from
the other side.

cheerio,
bjb