https (SSL connections to http)

Devin Bayer devin at freeshell.org
Fri Feb 17 16:52:09 UTC 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 7:14, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 2:30 am, Devin Bayer wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2006, at 22:49, Max Okumoto wrote:
>>>  Does the http server in busybox of SSL support?  I looked in the
>>> but did not find any thing.
>>
>> No SSL support at the moment, however I am working on getting
>> matrixSSL to work with busybox as we speak.  Actually, if you don't
>> mind it being a little bloated, I have it working and could post a
>> patch.  It seems to add about 100K.
>
> Much as I hate adding external dependencies, this does seem
> interesting.
>
> We haven't got a ./config stage to detect whether or not the library's
> available, and bundling a snapshot of it seems impolite somehow...

It isn't an external dependency.  I'm working on trimming down the
library
to put into libbb.  I can save space by using libbb's SHA1, MD5, and
base64
functions, but mostly their code was only written half-concerned with
space
so some refactoring could make a big difference. It's an interesting
project.

I think it would be much better to fork then use their library since
they
have a GPL'ed version and a commercial version.  So they cripple the GPL
version, making it difficult to get new features included upstream.

--
Devin Bayer