Help! daemon.err inetd: telnet/tcp: unknown service

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Fri Feb 17 08:25:30 UTC 2006

hi yunfeng,
my gut feeling says you are missing an argument.

    telnet          stream      tcp   nowait   root  /usr/sbin/telnetd

server path is used for programs to start. that can be different to the
intended server like /usr/bin/tcpd. Therefore you need to specify the
actual server afterwards.

i have no running bb inetd here, so i can not test it but i am confident :)

re,
  walter