Question about svn 14077

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Feb 17 02:04:32 UTC 2006

Why on earth does busybox have its own strlen() implementation?  (Why does
bb_strlen() exist?)

I remember asking this question at some point in the past, and I'm pretty sure
I got an answer, but I don't remember what it was and google is being
unhelpful.

I presume we do this to save space over unrolling the inline version?  Is this
still a good idea with gcc 4.x?

Rob
(No, becoming maintainer doesn't mean I stop being ignorant or easily
confused.  If anything, it's increased it...)