new date option for busybox

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Wed Feb 8 08:21:23 UTC 2006

Rob Landley wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 12:05, walter harms wrote:
>> hi list,
>> the patch add the option -D <hind>. it is intended to bypass the normal
>> parser for -d <string> and invokes strptime() directly for conversion.
>> some changes were need (e.g. conversion from define -> enum).
>>
>> The -D option can make the parser for -d obsolete. It could be disabled
>> so safe bytes if enough ppl care.
>>
>> note: -D option is my idea and not in gnu date or somewhere else
>> (strange!). i posted it some time ago on the list already and was ask to
>> make it an config option. a patch for kconfig will follow.
>>
>> re,
>>   walter
>
> Your change of #defines to enums and your reorganization of the ugly inline
> #ifdefs into ugly out of line #ifdefs is totally unrelated to the new
> feature, isn't it?
>
> I tend to prefer cleanup patches either be submitted seperately from
> functional changes, or else submitted by the maintainer of the relevant
> applet who knows more about the code than I do anyway.  Just sayin'...
>
> (Oh, and the bit adding while(0)...  This is why we have ENABLE_FEATURE...)
>
> Rob

hi rob,
the changes with enum are need because i did not figure out how to do
the same with define. the problem is that this should work with
ISOFMT on and off that moves the bit for HINT.
The same goes for the "cleanup" of getopt. it worked this way.
the while(0) is gash from my testing.

NTL, who is maintainer of date.c or coreutils ?

re,
  walter