bb 1.1 : ftpputget bug

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Feb 1 17:41:09 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:04, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:

>   PASV is not supported by all ftp server.
>
>   I notice a lot of others little lacks in ftpputget and I am trying to
> fix all of them... put actually I am blocked with PORT command (the
> alternative of PASV).
>
>   If you are interested in I can send my dirty code to someone else who
> want to develop... or want to help me a little.

The reason I haven't put more effort into this is that wget and ftpget share
no code at all, and every time I look at it I want to merge them but haven't
got time just then.

If somebody else would like to merge Roberto's fixups to ftpgetput.c, I have
no personal interest in that file so don't feel a burning need to closely
review the change.  (He uses it, I don't.)

The flip side of that is that I can't tell what counts as an improvement here
and what doesn't because again, I don't use it.  (I could maybe scrape up two
ftp servers to test against, mostly use scp and http...)