help!! where to download linux-libc-headers-2.6.14.1 or how to build this package??

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 28 09:17:17 UTC 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 1:56 am, kaimi wrote:
> hello, all
> I'm sorry to ask for help upon uClibc here, but I can't visit uclibc.org to
> register an account, because the connection to North-American has been
> broken by the earthquake of TaiWan

And now you know why forcing all traffic through a single point of failure
(The Great Firewall of China) is a hilariously bad idea from a technical
standpoint.  Oh well.

> I have ported the kernel 2.6.14 to my target, but there's no matched version
> of  linux-libc-headers in the package of uClibc, could you please send me
> the  package of linux-libc-headers-2.6.14.1.tar.bz2 or teach me how to build
> this package by myself??? great appreciative!!!!

The current 2.6.19.1 kernel can create its own headers by using the "make
headers_install" target.  (Either set ARCH= like you would for cross
compiling, or use make headers_install_all to get all architectures installed
at once.)

For earlier kernels, the Cross Linux From Scratch guys had a big complicated
script to export sanitized kernel headers, which you can find here:

http://headers.cross-lfs.org/browser/headers

There's a link to download the executable script (without all the HTML markup)
at the bottom of that page.  I haven't tried using it on 2.6.14 but it'd be a
start.

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery