I/O error

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:42:12 UTC 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 10:44, Rudy Attias wrote:

> hey ,
>

> I'm having a strange problem (busybox 1.2.2.1 compiled with uClibc), the
busybox was compiled for initrd purposes and when loaded with a 2.4 kernel I
receive an io error on most of the applets. some of the applets like kill,

Wht is the actual message?

> echo, [  work ok but all others including sh just won't work. the applets
will work only if I call them from busybox (a.g. busybox {sh,ls}) but if I
call them from the symbolic link I get the error... worth to mention that the
same initrd loaded with a 2.6 kernel work perfectly ...

> any idea what the problem might be? I'm sure I'm missing something but I
just don't know what.

No idea yet. Can you show strace of "busybox <applet>" and "<applet>"
--
мвф