Getting started with mdev

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Thu Dec 14 19:34:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 13 '06 at 21:09, Trevor Harmon wrote:
> I need some help getting started with mdev. I tried to find some
> documentation on it, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

IIRC there were a few files you should add to your static /dev: console,
null, <but i can't remember the rest>

than you need to add /sys to your filsystem, and mount the sysfs there

    mount -t sysfs none /sys

once that is done you can run mdev in scan mode to populate /dev

    mdev -s

that should be it.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de