RFC: busybox 1.2.3?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 13 02:22:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 7:48 pm, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> It seems I fixed "make release" to actually work again.
> I am thinking about releasing next version so that
> people will try & break changed stuff.
>
> I think kernel's way of having bugfix releases
> with fourth number (x.y.z.N) will work for us too.

Actually, the _third_ number was the bugfix release number.  You added a
1.2.2.1 yourself (which I thought strange at the time).

> Any thoughts what should be done before releasing 1.2.3?

The established numbering scheme says that would be a bugfix release, and
1.3.0 would be the next -devel release.

It's up to you what you want to do, of course...

Rob

> --
> vda

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery