Busybox tar failing to compile on snapshot of uClibc

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at radstone.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 12:30:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to compile busybox as part of buildroot.

I am using yesterdays snapshots of uClibc and busybox. It seems that
tar.c uses "bzero", which seems to be no longer provided in uClibc.

I have managed to get busybox to compile by removing tar from the build
options, though I seem to end up with a binary for which all commands
are hdparm!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help (sorry if this is a bit of a newbie
question),

Martyn