busybox current status

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:50:34 UTC 2006

2006/12/1, Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com>:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 13:20, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:

[cut]

> > the bug n.347 is not anymore open in  1.2.2.1 you please close it
> > http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=347
>
> bug comment says:
> In my opinion this bug was fixed in 1.2.2.1 at least
> [root at GEDX0327 busybox-1.2.2.1]# _install/bin/busybox tar tvjf pippo.tar.bz2
> tar: Decompression failed
> tar: Short header
>
> It means that tar detects uncompressor output which isn't a multiple
> of tar block size. But it can so happen that corrupted archive
> will end so that uncompressed output wil end at block boundary
> (1/512 chance).

I hope this solve your dubts (and I hope to have understood your msg):

[roberto at nbraf busybox]$ dd if=/dev/zero bs=512 count=1 >pippo.tar
entrati 1+0 record
usciti 1+0 record
[roberto at nbraf busybox]$ gzip pippo.tar
[roberto at nbraf busybox]$ ./busybox tar xvzf pippo.tar.gz
tar: short read
[roberto at nbraf busybox]$ echo $?
1

Cheers,