[RFC] Updating busybox config/build system to match current kernel system

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Aug 31 17:38:56 UTC 2006

 > I tried to replace our current makefiles and config system.

i've been having to skip a lot of messages lately.  can you enumerate
the reasons for replacing the current makefiles?  i didn't think
they were all that broken.

what problem is this solving?

 > I am intimidated by deep Makefile wizardry,
 > and therefore I cowardly took kernel's one instead of fixing the one
 > which we have now.

hmm.  i've always thought kernel's makefiles were a fine example of
"Makefile wizardry".  simple, they're not.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com