Do you want to do the work yourself, Bernhard?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 29 18:18:02 UTC 2006

About http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-16007.patch

The reason I didn't change Rules.mak to have a version number I don't plan to
release would be due to the "I don't plan to release a version with that
number" part.  Now we're going to get bug reports about 1.3.0-pre (which
tells us absolutely nothing because it's a random svn snapshot, but people
will think it means something to us so that's what they'll say).  We're also
likely to get people asking us where they can get this 1.3.0-pre they've
heard about, since it's now in the downloads directory.)

I'm not saying these are major downsides, I'm just saying there's a reason I
didn't do it.

And if you really, really, really want to try to do the maintainer's job I can
give you write access to a subdirectory of downloads, accelerate the switch
to Mercurial to this weekend (my conversion script's essentially done, I just
have higher priorities for the 1.3.0 release), and stop paying any attention
to svn at all (except possibly to cherry-pick from it for the mercurial
tree).

This is not how I planned to put out 1.3.0, but if it's what you prefer it
would actually be _easier_ on me.