busybox Digest, Vol 13, Issue 57

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 29 13:18:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 14:54, Alastor Santamaria wrote:
> hello,  yeah me again.
>
> (via e.g. making busybox PIE, have a patch for doing that lingering
> > somewhere), then it's ok with me.
>

> sorry i'm kind of a beginner, and my english is bad!, but what is PIE (maybe
> you mean PIC )
>

> If it adds to the size either way, then i will not use it, fwiw
> >
> > Let's not delve into getopt until more stingent stuff is sorted out,
> > pretty please!
> >
> > TIA,
> >

> is there some page around that list all those initials, and more important
> what they mean  ( RTFM FWIW AFAIC etc. ).
>
> and btw ;) is stingent a typo for stringent?
>
> so here's the little applet i've been talking about, maybe i can put some
> more option amd make it more complet, but for now tell me what do you think
> about it like this.
>
> greeping around it seems that although there are lots more applets that use
> bb_getopt* now, still nobody (but me) needs to squeeze numbers out of
> arguments to options (like -b color <--) thats the one reason which_option
> exist, can someone tell me a better way to do it?

hi,
which_option -> int compare_string_array(const char * const string_array[], const char *key)  in libbb

char setings[20];  -> settings?

And maybe, but this is just an idea:

       char *settings = "\033[0m";

       if (opt & 0x07) { //change terminal settings
		/* parse the options  and create the new string */
                settings = "whatever";
                if (opt & 0x08) //store, it doesn't work in gnome-terminal or xterm ...
                      settings="\033[8]";
        }
	printf("%s", settings);
        return 0;