busybox Digest, Vol 13, Issue 57

Alastor Santamaria alastors at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:54:43 UTC 2006

hello,  yeah me again.

(via e.g. making busybox PIE, have a patch for doing that lingering
> somewhere), then it's ok with me.

sorry i'm kind of a beginner, and my english is bad!, but what is PIE (maybe
you mean PIC )

If it adds to the size either way, then i will not use it, fwiw

> Let's not delve into getopt until more stingent stuff is sorted out,
> pretty please!
>
> TIA,

is there some page around that list all those initials, and more important
what they mean  ( RTFM FWIW AFAIC etc. ).

and btw ;) is stingent a typo for stringent?

so here's the little applet i've been talking about, maybe i can put some
more option amd make it more complet, but for now tell me what do you think
about it like this.

greeping around it seems that although there are lots more applets that use
bb_getopt* now, still nobody (but me) needs to squeeze numbers out of
arguments to options (like -b color <--) thats the one reason which_option
exist, can someone tell me a better way to do it?