Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Aug 28 17:15:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 9:40 am, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <VA.00001d13.05edc720 at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> > By changing the line in telnetd.c that creates the new TTY to -
> >        if (open(tty_name, O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY) < 0) {
> > it now seems to work. Dunno why removing the comments around O_NOCTTY
> > fixes it, but lash now launches fine from telnetd and can run children
> > that need stdin.
>
> All still seems to be working, but if I run (say) ping from the shell,
> then I can't control-c it.
>
> Dunno where to look for this one!

You have no controlling tty. :)

Lash is what's broken here, not telnet.  I can reproduce this problem in
another context (trying to run lash from pid 1 with stdin/stdout going
to /dev/console, it does NOT want to execute a script I feed it), and should
get around to debugging that in the next day or two.

Under similar circumstances, msh sort of works but when I try to run dd it
segfaults (and the problem isn't dd).

Yeah, I've got to fix up the current shells even though I'd rather be working
on bbsh.  That won't be ready by friday, and I have something that the first
drop of should have been done last week.  (If you wonder why I've been a bit
distracted, that would be it...)