I have US Robotics Broadband router model 9107, its based on BCM96345 chip, with BusyBox v1.00 (2005.08.16-13:01+0000).

Lucky Luk lackyluk2001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:47:05 UTC 2006

 I have US Robotics Broadband router model 9107, its based on BCM96345 chip,
with BusyBox v1.00 (2005.08.16-13:01+0000).
I have a problem, when Authentication server from my ISP is down,
busybox will receive message pppd[220]:  "wrong user name or password", and
it will try only for a couple of times, to reauthorize to the server (3 or 4
times), and if Busybox receives all of 3 or 4 messages in the first 1-2
minutes, (messages "wrong user name or password"), router will remain in
sitting mode (there will be no reauthorization attempts), till the moment
when I manually reset the modem (if my ISP A.SERVER is brought back online
of course).
How could I instruct to the Busybox, with the some CLI Commands, that in the
case the router receives wrong user name or password message, that he tries
to reauthorize till he connect to the Authentication server successfully.
It seems that someone decided, that 1 or 2 minutes with only 3 or 4 retries
is enough for Authorization and Re-Authentication.
It seems that they didn't had in mind situation when a server is out,  like
they meant that you must be using wrong username or password, and than if
you use wrong user name or password, why would you bother your ISP server
with needles reauthorizations. I dont know why did they do it.
I would like that my router constantly tries to re-authorize to the ISP
server.
Do you have some script which will read the busybox log and when it triggers
wrong user name or password message, it will instruct new ppp session, or
some other type of script for windows which could help in my situation.

I would ask you the second question, I'm not so sure that you know the
answer, but I'm so desperate for finding the solution,
If I use DHT with torrents, and when router establish DHT connections (from
500-3000 connections),  after some times I cant access neither web or telnet
or ssh connection to the router. Its seems like the busybox closed all
access points(only solution is resetting the router, sometimes its need deep
even 20 second reset), Internet can still function, but with some lags, and
after some times even internet access isn't so possible.
Or if I use DHT, I got big lag when I try to access busybox, or when I use
any function in busybox I got big log, some times in minutes, and after some
times I couldn't access busybox in no way, web, telnet, ssh.

Do you know some solution?