Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 21:43:07 UTC 2006

In article <VA.00001d11.015745ce at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> What seems to be broken is lash passing its standard input (I guess,
> the telnetd socket) along to its children. Give the child some other
> source of stdin and everything is fine.
>
> If I get telnetd to launch sash, then all is fine, even if I then
> launch lash.  Get telnetd to launch lash directly and I get the odd
> effect above.

OK, I sort of fixed this.

By changing the line in telnetd.c that creates the new TTY to -
       if (open(tty_name, O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY) < 0) {
it now seems to work. Dunno why removing the comments around O_NOCTTY
fixes it, but lash now launches fine from telnetd and can run children
that need stdin.

Theories?
Is my "fix" OK?

Regards