Bash shell support?

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Sat Aug 26 21:18:09 UTC 2006

 > > The whole language can really be brain-bending. At least if you have to
 > > read scripts from other people.
 >
 > Anybody can write code.  The good ones are the ones who can _read_ code.

corollary:  "The best ones are the ones who can write readable code."

 > > It should be no problem to find a few more elaborate shell script
 > > examples. There are even quite a few more complex scripts which are ash
 > > compatible.

i've been scripting in ash for a year or two now, and have been surprised
at how seldom i want or need to do something that could be done in bash
but not in ash.  some of the shopt options, and arrays -- those are the
big ones.  otoh, it's been teaching me how to do more with less.  :-)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com