busybox on IBM developer works

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 24 07:50:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 04:57:19PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> >On Wednesday 23 August 2006 3:49 am, walter harms wrote:
> >> interesting,
> >> especially the part where they describe how to add new commands.
> >>
> >> but how do these guys program ?
>
> >Still, on the whole a very nice article.  Possibly I should start an "articles
> >about BusyBox" section on the website...
>
> That would make for a nice "Further readings" paragraph in the
> Documentation section, i'd say.
>
> PS:
> I, personally, would not link an article like this due to it's quality.
> But YMMV.

it would take a couple extra minutes but it might be worth having each
link accompanied by a sentence or two of commentary by a BB developer.
there are a couple advantages to that approach.

first, you couldn't be accused of cherry-picking only the
complimentary articles and ignoring the rest.  even if an article says
bad things about BB, the commentary could at least point out why the
article might be totally out to lunch.

also, the commentary could correct some misconceptions that a reader
might have picked up from the original article.  (it might even
encourage authors to be a little more careful in their articles about
BB if they know a badly-written piece might get roasted on the BB
site.)

anyway, i wasn't suggesting a long-winded analysis of articles, just a
line or two if it seemed necessary.

rday