wget user agent?...

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 07:48:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 14:46 +0000, Csaba Henk wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to adjust the User-Agent header when using BB wget (there are some strange servers, which refuse clients reporting themselves as wget -- see eg.
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/csup/csup.tar.gz?tarball=1).
>
> Currently this is not possible. Using "--header 'User-Agent: foobar'"
> will add another User-Agent header and keep the one with "Wget" in it
> (hence the above server will still refuse me). I'd post some code which
> could help here, if BB developers were willing to commit it.

FWIW... I got a question about setting user-agent yesterday. My response
was "use real wget or rsync for now".

I would be interested in getting this code into busybox.

If you post a patch, I'll take a look at it and I'll test it. Its busy
here now so I don't know how fast I can do it but sooner or later I will
because there is a real need for it here.

--
Natanael Copa