Bash shell support?

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:08:38 UTC 2006

Riaz Rahaman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using Busy box version 1.1.2 and in that there was no
> support for bash shell, but in version 1.2.1 when I do a make menuconfig
> I find in the shells there is something called bourne shell options, but
> in setting of default shell I dont find Bash?
>
> Is there a plan to include Bash shell in the future releases?

  This summer I worked with dash (debian ash) from which bb-ash has been
derived. You can find a patch collection here:

  http://www.roberto.foglietta.name/pub/embedded/

  which transform dash-0.5.3 into bash-like-shell adding these:

  - typeset, declare syntax    (patch done)
  - $[]                	      (patch done)
  - function keyword           (patch done)
  - return <negative integer>  (patch done)
  - test == for strings        (patch done)

  not yed done

  - export -f, actually I do not plan to develop
  - let as builtin command, it exist in bb-ash

  If you like to port the same features to bb-ash I will test and use it
on my embedded systems.

  Cheers,
--
Roberto A. Foglietta