mount bug [was: Re: tmpfs]

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 15:26:58 UTC 2006

On 8/20/06, Bernhard Fischer <rep.nop at aon.at> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 09:38:54AM -0400, Chey wrote:
> >Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> This is likely a generic bug in the new mount and should go away if you
> revert to the mount from version 1.0+fixes-but-no-rewrites.
>
> Rob may already have a fix for this pending, though.
> HTH,

I have this in use on my system currently, with Busybox 1.2.1 and it works
correctly.  What kernel version is this where you are seeing the error?

Specifically, you need to make sure that CONFIG_TINY_SHMEM is not enabled in
your kernel.  If it is, your tmpfs is actually being implemented by ramfs,
which does not support size constraints.