Should we drop the "or later" after GPLv2?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sat Aug 19 16:02:19 UTC 2006

Hello all!

Maybe my reply will slide this thread a bit off-topic, but please consider it:

On Saturday 19 August 2006 063, Rob Landley wrote:
> This wasn't really an issue before GPLv3 drafts came out, but seeing it
> neither Erik nor I are are particularly thrilled with it.

What exactly does the GPLv3 says that you don't like? IANAL, and reading
this stuff (as well as the current v2) gives me headaches. As well, English
is not my mother tongue, and I can't afford reading a translation because
the original meaning might get lost...

I'm not personaly inclined to keep or trash "or later" for BusyBox. So instead
of just saying "(draft) GPLv3 is crap", if you would please explain us why you
think so would help us make our mind.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |