Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 14:05:59 UTC 2006

In article <44E41757.5090500 at bfs.de>, Walter harms wrote:
> can you write a program that just tries to open stdin ?
>
> does something like 'echo "hello" | cat' work ?

That commands works fine -

Here is a log which hopefully shows what's going wrong.
-------------------------------------
BusyBox v1.2.0 (2006.08.14-14:42+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # echo "Hello" | cat
Hello

/ # sh

Sash command shell (version 1.1.1)
/> Reading command line: Input/output error
/ # dd
dd: standard input: Input/output error

/ # echo "help" | sh

Sash command shell (version 1.1.1)
/> cd         [dirname]
sleep      seconds
chgrp      gid filename ...
chmod      mode filename ...
[snip]
ps
cat        filename ...
date       date [MMDDhhmm[YYYY]]

What seems to be broken is lash passing its standard input (I guess,
the telnetd socket) along to its children. Give the child some other
source of stdin and everything is fine.

If I get telnetd to launch sash, then all is fine, even if I then
launch lash.  Get telnetd to launch lash directly and I get the odd
effect above.

Ian