Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 12:12:55 UTC 2006

In article <VA.00001d08.003a02f6 at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> The call to bb_xdaemon in telnetd.c should be ifdef'd out for such
> archs. Similarly, the later call to fork should be a vfork.

OK, my telnetd is now working nicely with one problem.

It will run sash just fine.
If I change the command line to get it to run lash, then lash starts OK
and works fine.
Until you come to run anything that needs standard input. (running
another shell, dd with no arguments, anything)

If I get telnetd to launch sash, I can then run lash and it works fine.
It's just when telnetd launches lash directly.

But as lash has inherited stdin from telnetd without problems, I'm
really not sure what's going on.

Ian