Dave Jones apparently doesn't think BSD is GPL-compatibleeither...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 15 21:10:49 UTC 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 9:59 am, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > Because the BSD license text is not a copyright notice, it's a license?
> > (Copyright and license aren't the same thing.)
>
> IANAL but I still don't see how keeping the license text is an additinal
> restriction. You have to keep the license text in GPL too.

A) You don't have to keep the license text in your program, no.  None of our C
files have the complete license text, and we changed the boilerplate of the
permission grants (which said to mail away for a copy of the license text).

B) It's not the same license text, it's some _other_ license text.  Can we be
required to keep a complete copy of Linconln's gettysburg address in each of
our source files without violating the GPL as well?

C) http://www.linuxtoday.com/developer/2004021803026NWDTLL