Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 09:06:24 UTC 2006

In article <44E0969B.1010507 at bfs.de>, Walter harms wrote:
> #if defined(__UCLIBC__) && !defined(__ARCH_HAS_MMU__)
> #define daemon    clone
> #endif
>
> since clone() is a syscall it should work even wenn !defined(__UCLIBC__)
> can you please check it ??

OK, I'll try and see if this works. But I've found other old messages
where people submitted patches to get telnetd going on NOMMU uClinux but
they don't seem to have been merged.

I'm not sure I know enough about the status/direction of BusyBox support
for MMU-less uClinux systems to know how best to proceed.

I guess I could just be happy that I now have a working solution. :-)

Ian