Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 09:06:22 UTC 2006

In article <VA.00001d07.0b0db08a at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I now get -
>
> busybox_unstripped.elf2flt: In function `telnetd_main':
> busybox_unstripped.elf2flt(.text.telnetd_main+0x1e0): undefined
> reference to `bb_xdaemon'

Ok, I now understand. As it stands BusyBox 1.2 won't build for a MMU-
less uClinux if you want telnetd (and possibly other stuff)

The call to bb_xdaemon in telnetd.c should be ifdef'd out for such
archs. Similarly, the later call to fork should be a vfork.

telnetd then needs backgrounding manually with an & but it does work.

I'd kind of imagined that the MMU versus NOMMU details might be hidden
from applets but they all seem to need to tackle the problems
themselves.

Ian