Problem building BB 1.2 daemons for uClinux ARM

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Mon Aug 14 15:28:27 UTC 2006

the daemon function is a series of fork()s. i guess that is the
background. /* uclibc does not implement daemon() for no-mmu systems

therefore the busybox call for daemon() is disabled. i guess there are
default ways to implement it in mmu-less systems.

bit googling showed: http://ipodlinux.org/Experimental_Userland

#if defined(__UCLIBC__) && !defined(__ARCH_HAS_MMU__)
#define daemon    clone
#endif

since clone() is a syscall it should work even wenn !defined(__UCLIBC__)
can you please check it ??

(me has an old mmu less board somewhere but not operational)

re,
  wh