busybox-1.1.3-getty-nobaud.patch

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Aug 14 04:22:21 UTC 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 11:16 am, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> I don't know if this will get into the mainline, but it may be useful to
> someone.
>
> This patch is a bit of a hack that allows the specification
> in /etc/inittab of '0' as the baud rate.  If this is given, then the
> current setting is used.  I use this so I can have a generic entry
> in /etc/inittab that will work for all target boards I use.  The
> entry I have in inittab is:
>
> ::respawn:/sbin/getty console 0 vt100
>
> Regards, Stuart

I like the idea of "0" meaning "leave it alone", but from a size standpoint
I'd prefer the test chops out the actual attempt to fiddle with it rather
than querying the current value to feed back in again.

I can probably do that part myself, but who knows _when_. :)  (todo item
added, for what that's worth...)