BusyBox, uClinux, telnetd and shared memory

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 12:59:04 UTC 2006

In article <VA.00001d04.090f273b at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> am I best minimising
> memory usage by building a separate BB executable that contains only
> the telnetd applet?

BTW, my question is prompted by the fact that the system I am working
on already seems to be building multiple BB executables. I'm guessing
that the cat executable being the same as the busybox executable (no
soft link) is just madness.

But telnetd is built from BB (based on looking at internal strings) but
is much smaller suggesting a BB config just to build this application.

Thanks

Ian