busybox for linux 2.6??

Ben Dooks ben at fluff.org
Thu Aug 10 19:12:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 10:40:54PM +0530, HarYash Bahadur wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I am trying to bring up linux 2.6.11.1 kernel on an ARM9 based board.
> I am using busybox1.1.0 as part of my rootfs.

Any particular ARM9?

> I have been able to boot the kernel, mount the rootfs and run the user
> process "sbin/init".  Now, here I get into problems.
>
> After the fucntion call "run-actions(SYS_INIT)" is made, it doesn't
> return and the kernel goes into cpu-idle fucntion. I also observe that
> before sliding into "idleness" this process tries to open lots of tty
> devices.

Is your console configured properly?

I have been using busybox with ARM9 systems and Linux 2.6 since about
2.6.9, so there should be nothing generically wrong.

Maybe if you posted your configuration files we can check them
for compiler options, etc.

--
Ben

Q:      What's a light-year?