busybox for linux 2.6??

HarYash Bahadur haryash at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:10:54 UTC 2006

hi all,

I am trying to bring up linux 2.6.11.1 kernel on an ARM9 based board.
I am using busybox1.1.0 as part of my rootfs.

I have been able to boot the kernel, mount the rootfs and run the user
process "sbin/init".  Now, here I get into problems.

After the fucntion call "run-actions(SYS_INIT)" is made, it doesn't
return and the kernel goes into cpu-idle fucntion. I also observe that
before sliding into "idleness" this process tries to open lots of tty
devices.

Imortant note-- This rootfs/busybox works fine with linux2.4.25
runnign on the same board.

The problem could be anywhere, but I have no clue. Do i need to make
any changes in busybox for migrating to 2.6?

Ultimately i want to bring up the shell prompt on the serial console.

I will appreciate if I get some solution from the community.
TIA

regds,
har yash