automating busybox installation

yan yan at seiner.com
Thu Aug 10 15:45:39 UTC 2006

Is there some neat way to automate changing ownership of busybox to root
and then setting +s?  I build and install busybox as an ordinary user,
but then I have to su or sudo to change the ownership.  I really need to
automate the process as much as possible so non-technical people can
build the rootfs.

(Long story; we build semi-custom products, so I am working on a
dialog-type select-the-options interface that would allow a tech to
build the complete system and I want to minimize the potential for errors.)

I can't think of a way to do that using ordinary shell scripts.

I could write a C app that would do that, but before I do, I figured I'd
ask if someone has figured out a way to do it....

--Yan