No more tasks for init ---- sleeping forever

Bhagyashri Bijwe bhagyashri.bijwe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 08:27:59 UTC 2006

Hi,
     Thanks for reply.
     I am using busybox-1.00-pre4 instead of busybox-1.00 because I
have product on gcc version 2.96 and busybox-1.00 required GLIBC_2.3.
      I tried

                >  try to execute ash instead of init
                >mv /sbin/init /sbin/init.old
                > echo "#!/bin/sh
                >while true; /bin/ash; done" > /sbin/init
                >chmod a+x /sbin/init

    But,It gives

               Going to execute /sbin/init
               sh:

    It gives blinking cursor.It does nothing afterwards.
    Does it mean I have to execute init? I tried to type something, it
does nothing unlike   normal shell.
    Plz help me.