[gmail] Busybox-0.50 " Kernel panic: init not found" + INIT PATCH required

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Aug 7 13:23:10 UTC 2006

 > > > I made smallish distribution using linux -2.2.16 ,uClibc -0.9.19 and
 > > > busybox-0.50.
 > >
 > > Wow, that's antique. Is there any reason why you use these old versions?
 > >

 > Thanks for reply, I chose this combination because I have
 > product on linux-2.2.16 and gcc version 2.96.

you should still try to run a newer busybox.  i just did a "make
defconfig", there are only a few of applets that don't build on
2.96 -- setarch and the ext2fs tools, plus a few printf format
strings need to be modified in sum.c and the libbb/perror_*.c files.
and i turned off "-static-libgcc" in Rules.mak.

[ can someone remind me if we're still supposed to support 2.96?  i'm
guessing not. ]

but it's also true that you might be affected by the 2.2 header files.
2.2 hasn't been supported in some time.

but surely you can run something more recent than 0.50...

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com