automounting with busybox?

Chris Steel chriszaurus at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 12:44:24 UTC 2006

Is there any way to automount (for example a usb stick) with Busybox?

I've built a rootfs containing busybox 1.2.1 using mdev rather than udev, uclibc 0.9.28, and autofs 4.1.4. Autofs kinda works, but the mounted directories don't show up with 'ls' though I can 'cd' to them and 'mount' shows them. Given that busybox already contains a udev replacement, it would be really nice to have a version of automount in busybox too.