For the curious...

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Sun Aug 6 07:40:00 UTC 2006

On Sunday 6 August 2006 06:52, you wrote:
> On Thursday 03 August 2006 5:58 pm, Tito wrote:
> > On Thursday 3 August 2006 17:41, Rob Landley wrote:
> > > Here's the patch I would have applied to httpd.c if the commit hadn't
> > > conflicted with random other changes to the tree in the shared CVS
> > > environment.
> > >
> > > I need to go bang on Mercurial again...
> > >
> > > Rob
> > Hi,
> > if you are interested and in clean up mood there are a syslog.h-cleanup
> > patch and a typo patch  i've posted a few days ago.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Tito
> >
> > BTW.: there is also the new bb_syslog stuff that waits
> > for your opinion and precious advice.
>
> The logread thing was already checked in by rpjday in 15735.  (Wow that's a
> long error message, isn't it?)
>
> The syslog_h patch doesn't actually seem to touch syslog.h.  It's a header
> cleanup.

Exactly, as syslog.h is included in some files that don't need it,
maybe also moving it to libbb.h could be an option....

> The five files in libbb are the ones I intend to obsolete in my
> passwd rewrite (which I really hope to have in by 1.3), as for moving the
> path to libbb.h you might want to take a look at /usr/include/paths.h for
> _PATH_DEFPATH and _PATH_STDPATH, which I think are Posix or some such.  (I
> know we're using them in init.c, although the funky #ifndef stuff should be
> ripped out and if any of that is needed it belongs in platform.h.)

This is a good idea.

> What new bb_syslog stuff?

Its a new libbb function for doing syslog and error_message stuff.....

>(I dunno if my advice counts as "precious".)

For a newbie like me it often does.

> If  it's a recent message, I'll get to it.  I'm grinding through the backlog and
> should do more tomorrow...

Ok, i'll wait, just in case i'll remember it to you in a few days.