For the curious...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Aug 6 04:52:24 UTC 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 5:58 pm, Tito wrote:
> On Thursday 3 August 2006 17:41, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Here's the patch I would have applied to httpd.c if the commit hadn't
> > conflicted with random other changes to the tree in the shared CVS
> > environment.
> >
> > I need to go bang on Mercurial again...
> >
> > Rob
> Hi,
> if you are interested and in clean up mood there are a syslog.h-cleanup
> patch and a typo patch  i've posted a few days ago.
>
> Ciao,
> Tito
>
> BTW.: there is also the new bb_syslog stuff that waits
> for your opinion and precious advice.

The logread thing was already checked in by rpjday in 15735.  (Wow that's a
long error message, isn't it?)

The syslog_h patch doesn't actually seem to touch syslog.h.  It's a header
cleanup.  The five files in libbb are the ones I intend to obsolete in my
passwd rewrite (which I really hope to have in by 1.3), as for moving the
path to libbb.h you might want to take a look at /usr/include/paths.h for
_PATH_DEFPATH and _PATH_STDPATH, which I think are Posix or some such.  (I
know we're using them in init.c, although the funky #ifndef stuff should be
ripped out and if any of that is needed it belongs in platform.h.)

What new bb_syslog stuff?  (I dunno if my advice counts as "precious".)  If
it's a recent message, I'll get to it.  I'm grinding through the backlog and
should do more tomorrow...