TOPPERS using busybox

Adam Hawes adamh at adpro.com.au
Fri Aug 4 05:17:58 UTC 2006

Hi.

First, please try and not use HTML emails.  If you can
configure your mail program to send plain text it would
be much obliged.  This is a Linuxy list and I think most
of the people on it have trouble with HTML in emails.
I certainly do.

> we are working on GNU linux environment.we are using
> standard toolchain(gcc,binutils,make) also newlib.
> now is it possible to add busybox with this kernel.
> if possible then please suggest how it is possible.

This is the second time i have seen this exact question
in two days even though it was answered (kind of) already.
We can't help you with your problem unless you do what
we suggest and come back with the results of that - asking
essentially the same question again doesn't give us any
more information to help you out.

> we have downloded busybox-1.2.1.first we have
> configured with make allnoconfig.after successfully
> doing that we have also added some of the applets it
> also run well.but all we have done on ubuntu-i386 linux
> platform. but our target is h8-3069f and vr4181A.
> thanks and regards animesh

You need to start by configuring Busybox to use your
cross compiler - it accepts the prefix to the compiler
and appends "-gcc" to it.  That is in the first menu item
when you run make menuconfig.

It should then go off and build busybox with your cross
compiler (and libs, assuming the cross compiler is correct).

Start a simple test by copying the file "busybox" onto your
target and running it as described in the documentation. ie.
"busybox ls" should display a directory listing.

Do this, and tell us how you go.  Logs of any error messages
would help, but don't send us all of the output - only the
important parts.