compile problem with now shadow passwds

Max Okumoto max at kiyon.com
Thu Aug 3 10:43:44 UTC 2006

Hi

I am running into problems compiling busybox with shadow passwd support turned off.  This is for a arm cross compile system,
with uClibc with shadow passwd support also turned off.

uClibc-0.9.28
busybox-1.2.0

The compile fails in libpwdgrp when the compiler can not find
shadow.h in the system headers.  Which makes sense since I
turn it off :-)   But since busybox isn't using the shadow passwd
code I want it to compile.

<UGLY HACK>
Since I don't want shadow passwd support anyway.
I commented out the #include "shadow_.h"  in libpwdgrp/pwd_grp.c and libpwdgrp/pwd_grp_internal.c

The libpwdgrp/Makefile.in tries to compile the shadow library code anyway.  So I commented out LIBPWDGRP_MOBJS1 assignment.
</UGLY HACK>

This allowed me to compile busybox... but it doesn't seem like the
 best way to do this :-/  So I guess I should say this is a bug.

                                  Max Okumoto