ifconfig broadcast the + syntax patch

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 07:36:06 UTC 2006

Hi to all,

 why the reason of broadcast + syntax?
 I made a patch that automaticaly calculate broadcast as "broadcast +"
without the necessity to write "broadcast +"  but only specifing IP
and netmask.
 Patch does not remove "broadcast +" syntax to mantain the back
compatibilty with shell scripts which use it.

 It adds 64 bytes:

[roberto at GEDX0327 bb]$ size busybox-1.1.3/networking/ifconfig.o
busybox-1.1.3_ifconfig/networking/ifconfig.o
   1733       0       0    1733     6c5 busybox-1.1.3/networking/ifconfig.o
   1797       0       0    1797     705
busybox-1.1.3_ifconfig/networking/ifconfig.o

 I hope you will find usefull and apply to bb.

 Cheers,
--
/roberto