Help needed with mount

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Aug 2 15:25:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 4:58 pm, Sean Richards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks all for the help. Yes thttpd had a log file open, so that would
> be why mount is failing . The "no such file or directory" error message
> was a bit misleading especially if like me you are new to this.
> Something like "Couldn't umount /, somebody is using it." would probably
> have been more helpfull :). Anyway picked up some usefull information
> while trying to get this sorted, so thanks.

Sigh, found it.  The loop unmounting logic called right after the umount() was
_also_ setting errno.  (I hate errno.)  And while we're at it, the legacy
mtab removal only gets called in the _failure_ case, which doesn't sound
right.  (I tested that.  I know I tested that.  Have to go stare at it
more...)

Right, I've got a fix in my tree, but my tree doesn't compile right now for
unrelated reasons.  (Gotta cleanup the fallout from removing the bb_ prefixes
from libbb/xfuncs.c first.  Yes, I'm looking forward to mercurial's branching
but not this week...)  Working on that now.  Tonight's snapshot should
produce better error reporting.