stty echo in ash

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Wed Aug 2 02:58:46 UTC 2006

 > > What do you think of this patch?  With it, ash doesn't
 > > echo characters after stty -echo, even when compiled with
 > > command editing.
 >
 > Sorry for the premature patch.  Turning off backspace and I'm not sure what
 > else also needs to happen.  Anyone care to help out?  If not I'll dive in
 > some more and see what it takes to make this right.  What would even work
 > for me is a command line option (or some other runtime way) to disable
 > command editing.

can you arrange to run whatever you're doing via "sh -i"?  looks
to me like this will disable calls to cmdedit_read_input().

if that doesn't work, i'd look at adding support for "set +o emacs",
controlled in a manner similar to the setvimode() stuff.  when off,
preadfd should call safe_read() rather than the cmdedit_read_input().

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com