[gmail] DHCP support on busybox and Linux

Adam Hawes adamh at adpro.com.au
Tue Aug 1 23:43:16 UTC 2006

> Hm, I never experienced it like that, I got my initial dhcp client
> working withing a couple of hours IIRC.

Same here, but I guess we are just naturally inquisitive and kept
looking until we found the documentation.  I recall that it wasn't
immediately obvious either.

My dhcp script got nasty very quickly but we have a "non-standard"
configuration with several interfaces and complex routing to manage.

OP: Enable the dhcp client, create a script (See the examples
directory, or google for "udhcpc script"), make sure your networking
scripts call the dhcp client for each interface to start it up.

It's not rocket science, but it will take a few hours of tinkering
to get it working how you expect.

Cheers,