[gmail] DHCP support on busybox and Linux

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 15:57:14 UTC 2006

> > Configure the DHCP client, it's kind of obvious I would expect.
>
> Configuring our current dhcp client, alas, isn't obvious.  You have to look in
> the "examples" directory, not the docs directory.  (BusyBox.html provides

Hm, I never experienced it like that, I got my initial dhcp client
working withing a couple of hours IIRC.

mental note to self: finally add the zcip script to dhcp.nak...

> From his talk about the kernel I'm guessing he's trying to do an NFS root
> mount which has nothing to do with busybox if he's using root=, and if he's
> trying to get initramfs to do it he's asking the wrong questions...

Deleted the mail, but he needs some configuration in U-Boot and the
kernel (with some server configs).

If this is the combination (U-Boot, Linux, Busybox, Server); maybe I can
extract some stuff from a course manual I'm writing, most of it is in
there, some of data I put on the emdebian twiki IIRC.

--
  greetz, marc
Yeah, yeah, yeah nothing like a bomb to sober me up, I'm fine.